Oct 7, 2005

Oblivion Would Be Bliss, Bliss Would Be Hard To Grasp

“Stranded In A Bookstore For 24 Hours, Pick A Section And Why?”

If I were somehow stranded in a bookstore by “accident,” I would stay in sci-fi section or the music section. I would stay in the science fiction because I’m a loser like that. It holds a world far away that involves the imagination and some thought. I don’t think I could stand a romance novel because it would be worse than a soap opera because I would have to read it and have put effort into something so horrible. Mystery would annoy the piss out of me, “There can only be one conclusion!” Of course there can only be one conclusion! If there were two then it would have no solution and the mystery wouldn’t be solved. Straight up non-fiction can just get boring and even worse is its ugly half-cousin; historical fiction, it’s like a poor attempt to teach you something about history in an interesting manner. It doesn’t work that way; I’d rather hear…read…how something actually happened. Science fiction is fun because you can have the craziest random crap happen but still have a crackpot theory that makes it amazingly work because the author said so. Now, if I ever get bored I could slide on over to the music section and just be a bum sifting through music. I could also find some music of my preference and have the packaging mysteriously come off and leave with it when my hours have passed…not that I condone such. Then again, I just might build a big fort out of all the books I could find and declare war on the movie store. They won’t see it coming.

>> What section would you stay in? This was given to myself by Giggles a while ago, she gave me a lot of stuff; I still have two more from her. I feel obligated to give her something for her own writing…and because I told her I would. Unfortunately, I have nothing of that would probably challenge her. Wait! *Runs to get idea* what is the most profound thing you have learned in the past year? Life? And why?

4 comments:

Spontaneous Combustion said...

^Commenter^, I have decided you are spam and should be destroyed.

*SHOTGUNNED*

xtraplanetary said...

Whee, I like your decision! Sci-fi is an awesome genre. I agree with your take on historical fiction. I just can't read it! I'd much rather read REGULAR ol' fiction any day...

Music is okay I guess. But music is not books! I would probably sit in the manga section, because if it's 24 hours, I'm going to need something simple. Wait... scratch that, if I cannot keep reading all I've got to do is take a nice nap! Hurray. Sorry for writing lots here... uh k.

Spontaneous Combustion said...

Music is usually in a bookstore, I'm not sure why, but it is. I forgot about manga...I would be able to read some that I've been wanting to (don't have time right now). Write as much as you want, as long as it related, I like hear your thoughts (not spam, its why I ask questions.

Spontaneous Combustion said...

You mean Wal-Mart? Ohhh, why do I have to be the lowest rank? Wait, I don't to be the one that makes all the choices, I'll just be the one who takes commands and ends up being the low-life who ends up saving your arses.