Aug 18, 2005

I Choke On Food And Drink Daily

“A Childhood Experience”

Well, you see I had this sweatshirt that I wore everywhere…no, seriously, I’ll say something real. When I was young, I lived in a bedroom upstairs and down the hall to the left across from the bathroom. I had a full sized bed and a dino comforter. Everything was great until my parents decided to turn my room into an office. My room was then moved downstairs in the basement…the whole entire basement. Not completely but there was three rooms, a laundry room, my bro’s room, and the main room that contained the only TV and led to both of the other rooms. My bed was located at the farthest to the west with a dresser and couch for an east wall. I didn’t even have a blanket hung up for a wall the separate my “room” from everything else. Now, I could hear everything that moved above the basement, everything that came down to the basement, and everything that entered the basement. The doors didn’t help, all three doors squeak and…rumf(?)…against their door frames. Now, I could get over that…except for when my sis came down the stairs and turned on the overheard lights to get to the laundry room, which is about three feet to the left (when coming down) of the downstairs door. I would turn off the lights, but then I would have to walk across my basement to turn them off, then walk back in the dark hoping to not hit anything hard. It was just easier to take the blankets and put them over my head. Also, in the middle of the night our heater/AC would come on…that’s located in the laundry room which has a big vent that leads into my “room.” When you’re little and trying to fall asleep and a loud humming noise comes on in the night…you’re wide awake…of course I would get used to it and get close to falling asleep the to the rhythmic, soothing, humming of this vent. Then, it’s quiet…dead quiet…and I am awake once again. This was not the worse, the crickets were, I woke up almost every night to a cricket chirping in my huge basement. One night, I got sick of it, turned on my lamp (I put one on my dresser so I could get up in the morning without inflicting pain to myself), got a stick, a bright flashlight, and searched for the little effer. I would find it by sound and when it stopped I knew I was close and stab it. There are still dried cricket guts on that stick. I’m sorry, I lied, crickets are nothing, I could kill those, the mornings got bad. One morning I almost pissed myself waking up to an obnoxious racketing noise, a voice blairing, and a bright light. It was my father…on the Nordic Track…watching TV at ridicolous volumes…at five in the morning. The Nordic Track is loud in itself, but boring, so my dad turns on the TV, puts the volume at 41 WITH the stereo hooked up to it. I didn’t ask what he was doing, I didn’t ask why he was doing this, that was obvious, but why he did it now. Not even my dino comforter could comfort me. How I did well in school at the point in time still baffles me. Soon…or I don’t know…it was a horrible blur…we added onto our house and my sis got a new room and I got her old one. It’s tiny, it’s light blue, and full of random crap. To this day I still have my dino comforter and forever it shall be as it there to comfort. What’s the moral? I don’t know, maybe to give your kids a real room for personal space and give them a sweet comforter with dinos?

>> I was given this back in driver’s ed by Mocoy because she wanted a story or something from my childhood, at first I thought of the time when I flew 10 feet in the air, then changed to when I fought with sticks, finally I settle with this when my bro reminded me of it whilst on my trip. I look back and I laugh…especially when I tell it aloud. If this does not satisfy you, then I’ll give you one of the other stories by unanimous request (that’s right, a unanimous request of 2!). Wow this is long, the document which holds all my journals can no longer provide spelling and grammar check it’s so long and full of “mistakes.” If you want to know about my trip through Kansas (should be pronounced ‘Kun-saw’), Oklahoma, Arkansas (barely), Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma, and finally Colorado…you’re going to have to wait…by unanimous request (haha!). I have to go to school tomorrow…hope I didn’t miss anything ridicolously important. Again, I am sorry for any spelling, etc., mistakes…I’m just too lazy cut/paste to make new documents. Have fun!

2 comments:

Spontaneous Combustion said...

Well, if we can get an unanimous vote the story will come to be. My story also involves a bike....in fact...learning to ride my bike was quite interesting as well. It's only pitiful if your little sister actually did better than you. Were you a sheltered child?

Spontaneous Combustion said...

Thats sad....kinda strange now that you like to dance and stuff if you were sooo uncoordinated.


Wonder if I can delete that worthless comment....