“For Each Of The Following Items, Describe The Circumstances And Feel Free To Elaborate On The Specifics:”
1. Describe your goals in life and what steps you are taking or will take to reach them.
Not dying. So far that’s working out pretty good. I make sure to take the right precautions when doing something dangerous and a car hasn’t hit me or anything. My goals are like everyone else’s; don’t die too early, listen to music, watch movies, career, family, and own some kind of an exotic pet. Steps? I don’t take a step at a time; I just go and do what is required to get me where I wish to be. Besides, I haven’t made any major decisions for far off life.
2. Describe your gifts and what you do to nurture them.
By gifts I assume you mean abilities. Well, I’m not so sure about that because I just do stuff. I don’t know how or why, I just know I can do it (and sometime I know I can’t). Maybe it’s my ability to look at some things differently. Then again, I just don’t know.
3. What help do you need to reach your fullest potential in life, school, and relationships? Include teachers, mentors, parents, and school programming in your answer.
More time not to do so much work would be nice so I wouldn’t be so overwhelmed. Good and smart teachers that I would like would also help, but that’s not something I really decide. Also, if I had a computer of my own to carry around and put everything I need inside would help out a lot, but you know……
>> This is from some paper I was supposed to fill out from some kind of special program. I took a “cognitive aptitude” test because I showed some kind of potential or another in CSAP tests or a teacher recommended me for this program for which we had to take the test. Well, the thing is, I hate programs like this. I show some kind of ‘potential’ or ‘gift’ and submitted to some program or test. Which, overall, does nothing for me other than use up my time for other things I would rather be doing. Of course, inevitably, the fact I was in one program leads me to being entered into another for the simple fact…that I was in the other program to in which I began. I am sick and tired of this crap; the “cognitive aptitude” test wasn’t even really worth it. The hardest part was the ‘equation building’ which I still finished in under the 10 or 12 minutes in which I had to do it. So, I decided I would actually put down what I truly thought in answering the ‘items.’ Yes, what is up there is what I actually put on the paper that I am going to turn in to whatever-her-face-is-teacher. My parents also have to fill out a paper like the one I have, but I’m sure theirs will vastly differ from what I have said. If this program goes anywhere, I’m sure it will be all the same over-processing math, analytical science, deep thought reading, and hard studying history. Why can’t we do something normal? You know, like teach us to play an instrument, write something, make art, make something, make simple movies. I’m sure if you have a collective group of people with ‘potential’ or ‘gifts’ then they can rule, subdue, and multiply with just ordinary simple things given the concentration. Well, I’m going to apologize for two things: 1. Giggles, I am sorry I did not put up the prompt-majigger you have given me, I simply have had no motivation to do it and this was just there. 2. This is ridiculously long and really shouldn’t have to be endured…I am sorry. *cliché holiday line*
Nov 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Your philosophy seems kind of utilitarian as far as doing something "normal" like playing an instrument or making things, especially making things. It's interesting because it's something I hadn't really pinned you as, utilitarian, just doesn't fit my view of you so much. Although now that I think about it... it's kind of applicable. Your answers to the questions didn't seem very... convicted, at least that was my opinion when I read them. But then when you explained that you weren't for the whole issue it made more sense. Yay for posting!
*looks up the word "utilitarian"* I guess kind of, not so much rank 'n file but more of taking something ordinary and making something out of it. I guess I see something complicated/complex and ask "What are we supposed to do with that?" Sure it may help in some ways, but I think it would be a whole lot more fun expanding on something simple (real good example: legos). Oh sheez, of course it's not convicting, I'm just tired of it and put down what I honestly thought. I could have put down answers that would have been more..."acceptable"...but I just don't care anymore. Yay for constructive criticism (from you that is)!
Post a Comment