Jun 16, 2005

Advertising Influences Everyone

“How Much Am I Influenced By Advertising?”

I’d say I’m influenced by advertising a lot. I’m influenced to change the channel, radio station, look for a different shirt, ignore the label and see if the pants fit, and deciding whether or not the clothes will be expensive. I don’t want to here about how much better this cleaner is than some other cleaner made by the same company. I listen to the radio to hear obnoxiously loud and ‘angry’ music, not to hear how Tom Shane can provide you with the best jewelry. Clothes…I only go and buy these when there is a sale and its not plastered with brand name logos. I want to wear something that fits and stuff, but I don’t want to become a walking billboard. Now, pants…that’s kind of a different story, it fits, it looks fine, and won’t leave a smell of rotten eggs wherever I go, I’ll wear it. Now with everything else in the world that we “need” and is better than all others, I’ll just buy the cheap stuff out of spite and the ability to save money. Also, to find out about something, I’ll just wait for some other sucker…uh…friend to try it out and we’ll see how it works out.

>> One of those old crummy prompts, but now its all pretty. Well, not that pretty. Yeah, I said last Friday I probably wouldn’t put anything up…oh well, here’s two for the week because I just need something to do. For certain, there is going to be nothing next week all week. By the time you are reading this, I have already left, how do you I know you may ask? I’m just that good.

No comments: