“When I Feel Most Independent…”
When I feel most independent I’m most certainly not feeling the least independent. Actually, I’m not sure when I feel most independent because my life hasn’t come to its end yet. When it does, then I’ll know when I felt the most independent. Then it will be too late because, well, I’d be dead. Hopefully, I’ll be seen as an independent kind of guy when I die (rhyme was unintentional), because then that means I was always part of a conformity. Then again, if I was always going against the majority, that’s a conformity as well because I’m basing my decisions on the way the majority is working and not really thinking for myself. Brownie points if you can understand that last sentence. I’m going to do something because I want to, need to, or possibly a little of both, not because someone else says they are or are not. I’ll just have to trust my decision until the moment of an avalanche crashing down a mountain arrives. Usually happens with me, thankfully no one else really trusts my decisions that way I can do it most independently and I can say I did something. Whether it leads to cutting my way out of a tree or running away from the recent explosives my friend and I had no relation to…what? These are usually the moments of the avalanche crashing down a mountain, but since I live in Colorado, it’s more of a red mudslide. Though, since I live in the middle of nowhere, it would be better if the metaphor was that of someone throwing a dry dirt clod at me. No matter, I probably will have/had fun. So, do you want to go on top of your roof with strings attached to candy, “fishing” for little kids then squirt them with a squirt gun? Well, you go do that, I’ll come by with a potato gun and apples.
>> This prompt was one of those I deemed too boring to be viewed by the world, so I rewrote here. In case you are wondering, yes, I have actually stayed on top of my roof, with fishing line tied to candy, and a squirt gun full of warm water…on Halloween night. Now I really need help here, if you have any kind of journal prompt that you think would work, please email me…please? Of course, if anyone is there that is, I want you to be independent, but don’t be too independent that you can’t help the occasional weirdo on the internet. Thanks.
Jun 1, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So you're saying the non-conformist minority is only forming a conformity of their own? I have an illustration from the original WIGU aka When I Grow Up: http://www.wigu.com/whenigrowup/wigu19990722.html
Read it, the point is CLEARLY made!! Hehe... g33k.
To answer the first question, yes, how did you make it sound so easy? And why am I suddenly a g33k, ah nevermind.
Ah, no, me, for linking to a finished webcomic by J. Ro. Ah dear, I need a life...
It's ok, I put up blogs with journals I write, how much of a life do you think I have?
Post a Comment