Jun 8, 2005

Power Rangers Are Pathetic Against The Almighty Smoke Bomb

“A Lesson I Learned From An Event…”

To fully understand my lesson, we have to start at the event. It all happened one summer day, about a week after the July 4th fireworks had stopped. My friends, Stapler and Kungfu Bob, and I were sitting in Kungfu Bob’s basement doing nothing at all. Then, Kungfu Bob remembered he had a stash of smoke bombs and we could start lighting those, but what are smoke bombs without black cats? Of course, I had the black cats sitting in my room, so I quickly grabbed those without remaining suspicious. Well, ordinary smoke bombs are no fun, so we decided to cut out holes in two little footballs. We duct taped the smoke bombs with just the fuse hangin into the holes, lit them, and proceeded to play catch. If you’ve ever touched the smoke of a smoke bomb, then you know hot shrapnel flys out as well and it burns. It became more of a game of The Matrix than catch. Soon the smokes bombs went out and we were back to square two, what to do with the other explosives. Explode something of course. Kungfu Bob started digging in his closet, found a white power ranger doll about 12 inches in height. We proceeded to cut holes in the power ranger and sticking black cats in them. We also put smoke bombs in the zipper on the back (just like the power rangers on TV!), lit them all and watch joyously. Wherever a black cat exploded, stuffing shot out and it swelled twice its normal size. The smoke bomb melted the power ranger, which was pretty cool on its own. You’d think that was enough, you obviously think wrong. We started pouring Zippo lighter fluid all over the power ranger, until it was a massive wad of melted polyester with a recognizable arm and leg. This is about where we stopped, so we started combing the yard for anything else to possibly explode. Suddenly, without warning, a loud POP rang out. It was to my left and Stapler’s right, we cupped our ears because it was so loud. We turned our heads to see Kungfu Bob doing a dance and waving his hand around. Yes, he had lit a black cat while holding it, it was freaking hilarious. Stapler and I couldn’t hold back our laughter while Kungfu Bob kept waving his hand around yelling “It burns!” Eventually, Kungfu Bob got cold water on his finger, he couldn’t bend his index finger at the second joint it was so swollen. This is when we stopped and just played with sparklers. You may ask, what’s the lesson in all this? If you are ever bored out of your skull, you can always go out and blow something up. That may not seem like a very good lesson, but no one ever said anything about a “good” lesson.

>> Yes, this actually happened, yes, it was hilarious. I had to cut it a little short because the length of this beast. I actually got the idea for this prompt from an assignment I had to do. I had to write a paper about an event in my life where I learned a lesson. Of course, I had nothing spectacular so I wrote this event and put a pretty bad lesson at the end. Some kids were angry, but the requirements never asked for a “good” lesson, the teacher was smiling. Strangely enough, the class I wrote this for was the class that also had all the journal prompts. Circles I live in. Yeah, I made this prompt up all on my own, huzzah.

No comments: