Apr 20, 2005

Experimental Tubes


“An Experiment I Once Tried”

I once tried an experiment where I went down a really steep hill with lots of bumps, trees, and rope. I had an inner tube and a really long rope, they were tied together and the other end of the rope was tied to a tree. When this invention is applied to a steep and snowy hill, it produces an adrenaline feeling. At the end of the rope, the inner tube suddenly flings back and you continue to fly forward. So, after a few tries at this I decided to go down with a friend (We’ll call him Broccoli). We got in the tube side by side and went down the hill. We got the crap scared out of us mainly because one of us sunk and the other almost couldn’t stay on. Luckily, Broccoli held on to me so he didn’t fly off and in return I didn’t sink through the tube. In conclusion, we did it again, and again, and that’s about when we stopped.
>> I have actually done this before and it gets lots of adrenaline running and it’s great fun. I wish I could do it more often than once a year (if I’m lucky). If you have a steep, snowy, hill with a lone tree at the top, I suggest this for loads of exciting, whirling, powdery, greatness. The reason we stopped after a few times is because when a tube goes over the same area a lot, it packs down the snow and essentially becomes ice. Also, there was a jump at the end and we would fly further into not soft ice. So, we would get bruises and aches all over and no amount of adrenaline could keep us going. Even still, I wish I could go back and bungee tube some more. Maybe if I could convince some of my friends…

No comments: