>>This blog is almost completely dedicated to my writing of journal entries. No, this is not like a diary. It's a class assignment I do everyday in a class called Grammar and Composition I and II. I (and all other students) come into class and read a one-line prompt on the chalkboard. We are to write anything that comes from this one-line prompt...anything! Typically, they are all cliche prompts, but I get tired of conformity and decide to be different. I write some weird, paradox, thinking that come from just thinking differently. I looked back at some and thought they were kind of funny. I post them here because I just want to share and hope you will enjoy it as much I do. I will write the prompt in quotations and then continue with my actual response to the prompt. Anything with a ">>" before it is not actually part of the journal, just some notes about it. All my journals are done on 81/2" by 11" paper with the whole punches in it. Here we go with the first ever.
“How I approach writing assignments.”
I’m supposed to be writing from red line to red line. All the way past the middle hole punch is how far I am supposed to go. Today, I have no real idea what I’m doing supposed to write and just fill in space with reminiscent rambling. I’m left handed so the lead will smear across my paper and make it look bad. I’d much rather type as I can’t really smear my paper. Also, I think I can type faster then I can actually write. Now I’m just bored and have no idea what to write about writing. There’s the middle hole punch, so I’m stopping now.
>>Hmmm…that appears shorter than it does on paper…oh well, I have another journal sometime soon…hopefully.
Apr 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment